How do I get a library card?
- In order to get a library card, the person getting the card must appear in person with a photo ID that has their current address. If your ID does not have your current address, you may present a piece of mail that has your current address along with your ID. If you are a minor (under the age of 18), your parents must be present in order for you to obtain a library card.
How much does a library card cost?
- If you are a Wisconsin resident, the use of library services are free unless you have lost your original. Then there is a $3 replacement charge to get a new one.
- If you are an out of state patron, then there is a cost and you have 3 options.
- Internet Only cards are $10 for 1 year.
- Full Privileged Cards are $20 for 1 year.
- Day use internet passes are $2 for 2 hours.
How many items can I check out on my library card?
- A library card can have a total of 75 items checked out at a time. This can be a total of...
- 25 CDs
- 10 DVDs/Blu rays
- 2 Video Games
- 75 Books
How much are fines on late items and when are they assessed?
- DVDs, Blu Rays, and Video Games = $1 per Day
- CDs, Books, Magazines, and Audio Books = $0.10 per Day
- Fines are assessed on the first day after the due dates. If they are returned after hours, fines will be assessed as they will not be checked in until the next business day.
If I have fines, can I still borrow materials?
- Yes, you may still borrow materials as long as your account is in good standing. In order to keep your account in good standing, you cannot accumulate more than $5.00 in fines. Once the $5.00 limit is reached, your account will be put on hold until the balance is under $5.00.
How do I renew material I currently have checked out?
- Present your library card at the service desk in any of the InfoSoup branches and ask the clerk to renew the items. The items need not be present in order to renew them.
- Contact any of the InfoSoup branches via phone. You will need to povide your library card number over the phone.
- Log onto your account on InfoSoup. You will need your library card number and your password. Then click on Items Check Out and you are able to check the box "Renew" in order to renew the items.
- If you do not have your card or are renewing items for someone else, you may renew items by bringing the actual item into one of the branch libraries. They will be able to scan the item for you and renew it that way.
If I have overdue items, can I still renew them?
- You may still renew them as long as the fines do not put your account in poor standing. Remember it must remain under $5.00.
If I have overdue items and I renew them, do I still get a fine?
- Yes, overdue items do get fined once they are renewed or returned.
Why can I not renew some items?
- The item has been placed on hold for another patron.
- Your library account is no longer in good standing. Either you have too many fines (over $5.00) or your card has expired and you need to contact a library branch to renew your card.
- You have placed too many renewals on the item already. You may only renew an item 2 times before it needs to be returned.